Saturday, February 10, 2007

and so I run...


I know that it has been a long time since I have written anything, so I wanted to put up what has become my favorite quote. To the average person it doesn't make much sense ( "and so I run"), run where from where? In Evidence Not Seen by D.D. Rose she points out that so many have gone on before us, those who have suffered and died for Christ.( Hebrews 12:1) They have run the race and recieved the prize ( 1 Corinthians 9:24). How can I give up? how can I stop running when Christ has paid the price and gives me the strength to run. Others have conquored, heaven is watching...
...and so I run.

"Must I be carried to the skies on flowery beds of ease,
while other sought to win the prize,
or sailed through bloody seas?

Sure I must fight if I would win,
increase my courage Lord!
I'll bear the toil, endure the pain
supported by Thy word."

No comments: